We held a successful Careers Day on Friday 24 January in the Sports Hall.
ACHS and WMS students in Year 8, 9, 10, 12 and 13 had the opportunity to speak with and ask questions to a range of exhibitors to find out more about careers, apprenticeships and courses of further study.
Exhibitors included: colleges, universities, apprenticeship providers, and public and private sector organisations. The aim of the day was to help students come to an informed decision about their future.
Colleges and Universities
- Durham University
- Newcastle College - apprenticeship and degree opportunities
- Newcastle College Energy Academy
- Newcastle University
- Northumbria University
- University of Oxford
- University of Sunderland
Public and private sector organisations
- Altitude Foundation
- ASK Apprenticeships
- Blyth Port Training Services
- Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Trust
- Department of Work and Pensions (DWP)
- George Smith Ltd
- HM Revenue and Customs
- Northumberland County Council, Careers Adviser
- Price Waterhouse Coopers (PwC)
- Tharsus Group
- The Army
- Tyne North Training