You can choose to study in different ways at Astley Sixth Form.
A Level Pathway
- Some students pick a purely academic pathway and choose to study only A levels.
- Most students in Year 12 will study four A levels, and then focus on three in Year 13. A levels tend to be assessed through exams at the end of Year 12 and at the end of Year 13.
BTEC Level 3 Pathway
- Other students are keen to take a more vocational route and therefore study Level 3 BTEC courses.
- These are equivalent to A levels but tend to be assessed through coursework.
- These courses all run for two years.
- Some students enjoy studying a mix of both BTEC level 3 courses and A levels.
GCSE English and Maths Resits
- It is a national requirement that all students must re-sit their English and/or Maths GCSE if they do not achieve at least a grade 4 in Year 11.
You can find further information about our curriculum in our Sixth Form Prospectus:
Please do not hesitate to contact Mr A Ironside, Assistant Headteacher on 0191 237 1505 if you have any queries regarding the Sixth Form curriculum.