Please be aware that as a result of the lighter evenings, pupils who would normally travel home by taxi after an After School Club will now be dropped off in their home village from Monday 24 February.
This will continue until the nights darken again in October.
If you live in Blyth then your child will continue to be dropped off by taxi at your home address.
- Broomley Grange - emergency contact telephone number: 01661 842299
- Dukeshouse Wood - emergency contact telephone number: 01434 602503
- Hawkhirst Activity Centre - emergency contact telephone number: 01434 250217
Seaton Valley Food Bank
As a school community we have decided to support Seaton Valley Bank, a local charity. Mrs Cook is the main contact should you have any questions about this project. A 'food bank' has been set up in the school main reception for donations. Please note the following:
- We are collecting for Seaton Valley Food Bank in the lead up to Christmas and hopefully in longer term
- We are asking if parents feel that they can help by buying an extra item or two along with their own weekly shop
- No fresh items or food that needs to be refrigerated/frozen
In order to try to collect a wide range of items, we are requesting that each year group contributes food items for different meals:
- YEAR 5 - breakfast items (for example boxes of cereal, porridge oats, jars of jam or marmalade, cereal bars, crackers, or long life UHT milk)
- YEAR 6 - lunch items (for example sandwich fillers or spreads (in jars or tins), tins or packets of soup, tins of hot-dogs, baked beans, or packet noodles)
- YEAR 7 - dinner items (for example pasta, rice, jars of pasta sauce, tinned fish, meat or vegetables, tins of rice pudding, custard, and cake)
- YEAR 8 - supper and snack items (for example crisps, biscuits, teabags, coffee, sugar, chocolate bars
Staff are being asked to donate personal care items such as shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, deodorant, etc.
The collection box will be situated in the school reception area and will be delivered to the food bank once full. Thank you in anticipation for your generosity and support.