Our latest Ofsted report (January 2016) stated the following regarding Astley Community High School Sixth Form:
- “Learners in the sixth form thrive. They make good progress in lessons and are very well prepared for the next stage of their education.”
- “Leaders and managers have transformed the quality of educational provision at the school. Resolute and determined, they have maintained a relentless focus on improving standards and tackling weakness.”
Key points included:
- Leadership and management of the sixth form are good.
- In external examinations, learners make good progress from their actual starting points.
- Inspectors saw learners making good or better progress in all subjects as a result of good teaching which at times was inspirational.
- Great care is taken to ensure that learners’ study programmes match their abilities, interests, aspirations and career plans.
- Learners applying for apprenticeships or moving directly into employment are well supported.
Sixth Form Prospectus 2022